INSEAD-CEIBS Expanding Opportunities - Doing Business in Europe
Europe plays a significant role in the international political and economic spheres. Despite the tremendous impact of Europe’s debt crisis on the economic, social and political lives of European countries, the economic and trade exchanges between China and Europe continue to prosper.
The past year saw an important milestone, with trade turnover between China and Europe breaking USD 500 billion for the first time. China’s outward investment to Europe grew rapidly as Chinese enterprises accelerate their pace of going global. The economies of China and Europe are entirely different in terms of their stages of development, industry structures, problems to be solved and guiding ideologies. What can Chinese enterprises do to establish a strong presence in Europe?
INSEAD and CEIBS have jointly launched the Programme successfully Expanding Opportunities: Doing Business in Europe, casting light on Europe, while reflecting on the experience and lessons drawn from China-Europe trade activities with China’s top executives.
During this course participants will gain:
- Fast track understanding of the unique European business and cultural environments
- In-depth appreciation of the day-to-day challenges of building and running a business in Europe
- The ability to identify the potential pitfalls of cross-cultural misunderstandings
- Greater understanding of how to manage labour unions and how to get the best out of a European workforce
- Vital, up-to-date insights into macro-economic issues in Europe and the knowledge to define your company’s European strategies
- Concrete insights into marketing, distribution channels and customers
- Techniques to be effective in communicating and negotiating with European counterparts
- Opportunities to share experiences and build strong connections with other senior executives focused on Europe
CEIBS And INSEAD Help Chinese Enterprises Expand Into Europe
(Business Because – 21 March 2012)
INSEAD and CEIBS, a business school in China, are partnering up to offer Chinese entrepreneurs practical advice and first-hand knowledge of the European market, especially in the traditionally tricky area of branding. Some Chinese enterprises have been burned badly in the European market, but INSEAD and CEIBS have gathered a some success stories to share their insights. Click here to read the article.